Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday November 10th

Our first stop this morning was a nice meeting with the mayor of Shizuoka City, he had studied at a university at Long Beach, CA. Our first view of Mt. Fuji came from the 20th floor of a building next door. We had lunch in a private dining room of the Shizuoka newspaper (they also own a TV station). We could see their helicopter pad on the top of one of their buildings. In the dining room we sat looking at Mt Fuji (I will blog about it later). It was about 20 miles away but looked much closer. After lunch we had a very long tour of their newspaper facilities (the President of the company stayed with us all afternoon. We toured the Tamiya Toy Company -- my grandson Andrew would haved loved this tour! We arrived back at out hotel about 5:30 p.m. and meet with the Suizuoka Chuo Rotary Club at 6:00 p.m. The presentation went well and I am in my hotel room early but am really tired. I start my home stay for this week tomorrow. Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home