Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sunday November 9th

I want to thank a few individuals who really helped me prepare for the trip. My wife Barbara encouraged me to buy everything I thought I might need and had all my clothes ready to pack. Brad Hodson and the Pittsburg Rotary Club Board approved the purchased the laptop computer I am using here (It will also will be used by the secretary of the Pittsburg Rotary Club for several years). Our Rotary District 6110 Governor Ron Petersen gave my all of his "make dreams real" this year's Rotary theme pins and his supply of District 6110 pins, because my order for 200 District 6110 pin got messed up. The day before I left I received a call from the company saying the pins would be ready the middle of next week from a company in Hong Kong. I emailed the Rotary District 2620 Group Study Exchange Chairman Tomoyuki Ikedo. He called the company in Hong Kong and the pins were on my desk when I checked into the Garden Square Hotel in Shizuoka yesterday. They are very efficient here. Ron, I will be bring some pins home with me. They really do love all pins. The Alumni Office gave me fifty Pittsburg State University pins and there were twenty five which showed a split face gorilla. The split face goriila pin and a hormincia (sp?) were gifts I gave to the three years old Rachimi (who lived in the home where I stayed last week). She said "I feel like a princess". She has made my trip so enjoyable. All Japanese do not look a like. If there were a thousand three year old Japanese girls I am confident that I could find her.
Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home