Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday, November 21st

An hour walk followed by a wonderful breakfast. A Tokyo Electron company tour where everyone speaks in Japanese. We nod of head and try not to fall asleep. Lunch a Japanese sushi bar where the food travels by on a conveyor belt and for dessert I have my first Japanese ice cream cone. In the afternoon we are given thirty minutes to shop in a dollar store and then an hour in an amazing electronics store. Then to the meeting place for tonight presentation (about three hours before the meeting starts. We are serve a snack and drinks and everyone has time for a nap. Before the meet I ask about a banner presentation and I am assured that I will need only one (I present at least six, somethings are really lost is translation). We are seated with our host families. The meeting was hosted by the Nirasaki Rotary Club. At the end of the evening we all stand in a large circle around the room and Tetsuo place me between himself and his wife. We all hold hands and swing them back in forth while they sing. We don’t know any of the words. All of their Rotarians form a long tunnel-- two Rotarians holding their hands together in front of themselves side by side form a long tunnel which we are all supposed to run through. Lots of fun! I stay up late repacking my suitcases for my departure tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home